Water Is Life. Drink Up.
Your muscles love waterCasual and professional athletes know the value of water before, during and after exercise. You feel more energy when you get the right amount of water every day. And, many health experts would argue that for an athlete to perform at his or her peak, it is very important to be properly hydrated. Water may help alleviate and sometimes prevent muscle fatigue and other effects of consistent exercise and exertion. 2
Water tips for athletes
- Eat a balanced meal and drink plenty of water 24 hours before an intense workout
- Drink two glasses of water before exercise
- Drink water at regular intervals while you exercise
- Weigh yourself before and after vigorous workouts to make sure you’ve replaced the fluids lost from working out
- If your urine is dark after exercising, drink more water